Chocolate Lava Cake with Coffee Compote Blueberries
3 Years Ago | By Apricot Power
Chocolate Lava Cake with Coffee Compote BlueberriesOur new and improved ApriSweet Dark Chocolate bar is delicious on its own, but one of our previous winners from our SuperFood Mix Recipe Contest continues to create new recipes to incorporate our products into. This recipe combines our ApriSweet Dark Chocolate and our Ganoderma 2 in 1 coffee. To celebrate National Blueberry Month, Hidemi added fresh blueberries. Give this recipe a try, after all it is National Blueberry Month!
Ingredients:For Coffee Compote Blueberries:
- 1/2 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- 1 Ganoderma 2-in 1 Black Coffee bag
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (adjust the amount based on how sweet your blueberries are)
- 1 Aprisweet Dark Chocolate bar, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- Powder sugar for serving (optional)
- Make coffee compote blueberries. In a saucepan, put hot water, coffee and 2 tablespoons sugar, and stir to dissolve coffee and sugar. Add blueberries to the saucepan and stir to combine. Turn on the heat to medium. When it starts to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring occasionally until the coffee is almost absorbed (about 15 minutes). Remove the saucepan from the stove and set aside.
- Make chocolate lava cake. In a medium heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, combine chocolate and butter. Stir until chocolate and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool (at least 5 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 ramekins (7 oz. each) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make cake batter. In a bowl, whisk together egg and 2 teaspoons sugar. Then add to the chocolate bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add all-purpose flour and mix just to combine. Put the batter into each ramekin evenly and put the coffee compote blueberries evenly on top. Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until the surface of the cakes are set but the center is still soft.
- Remove ramekins from the oven and let sit on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the inside of each ramekin, place upside-down plate on top, invert and remove the ramekin gently. Sprinkle powder sugar over the top (optional) and serve immediately.