Healthier Holiday Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
2 Years Ago | By Apricot Power
Time for holiday treats! Here is a delicious recipe for some gingerbread cookies, these are perfect for a holiday party or just at home to snack on.
- 3 cups or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Gingerbread SuperFood Mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup coconut oil (softened)
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Powdered sugar
- Combine wheat flour, Gingerbread SuperFood Mix, cinnamon, salt, cloves, pepper, baking soda
andbaking powder. Stir until blended in mixing bowl.
- In small (separate) bowl, combine the coconut oil and molasses and whisk until combined. Add brown sugar and stir until combined. Add the egg and whisk until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Pour into dry mix and stir until combined into
dough. Divide the dough in 2 halves, and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate halves and chill until cold—1-4hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly flour surface to avoid sticking and roll halves separately to ¼ inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out holiday cookie shapes if desired and place cookies on the baking sheets. Place baking sheets in the oven, stack racks (middle rack and upper).
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes (to desired soft or crispness. Place the baking sheets aside to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or ice if desired.
Serve and enjoy your healthier holiday cookies!
Apricot Power SuperFood Mix is a plant-based, dry mixture that’s Paleo-Friendly, sustainably- green, and made with mostly organic, kosher ingredients. Each ingredient was carefully selected for its optimum nutritional benefit. Superfood Mix contains over 30 superfoods combined in such a way as to provide superior all-in-one nutritional support!
While our SuperFood Mix can be eaten raw, or sprinkled on your favorite foods and drinks, it is all perfect for adding a nutritional kick to holiday baked goods and treats!