Healthier Gingerbread Muffins Recipe!
2 Years Ago | By Apricot Power
Putting the healthy in the holidays, here's a holiday favorite with a superfood spin!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ? cup molasses
- 1 egg (or 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce)
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ½ cup light sour cream (or 1/2 cup soy yogurt)
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Apricot Power Gingerbread SuperFood Mix
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Prep - You will need a large mixing bowl, small bowl, whisk, and muffin tin. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease your muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or use baking cups.
- Melt coconut oil (to liquid), and in a small bowl, whisk your coconut oil and molasses.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs (or applesauce), maple syrup, sour cream (or soy yogurt), and almond milk. At room temperature, add the coconut oil and molasses (Step 1).
- Add the whole wheat flour, Gingerbread SuperFood Mix, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until just mixed.
- Scoop into a muffin tin and bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
YUM - Allow to cool, serve and enjoy.
Give healthy holiday baking that WOW-factor!
Apricot Power SuperFood Mix is a plant-based, dry mixture that’s Paleo-Friendly, sustainably- green, and made with mostly organic, kosher ingredients. Each ingredient was carefully selected for its optimum nutritional benefit. Superfood Mix contains over 30 superfoods combined in such a way as to provide superior all-in-one nutritional support.