Chocolate Brownie Ricotta Cheesecake with Wine Caramel Strawberry Sauce
3 Years Ago | By Apricot Power
Chocolate Brownie Ricotta Cheesecake with Wine Caramel Strawberry SauceWe had such a great success with our SuperFood Mix Recipe Book, we wanted to bring you even more recipes to try out! Not only is our SuperFood Mix great eating raw, but you can bake with it too! Try this delicious Cheesecake Recipe, perfectly paired with wine strawberry sauce.
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 package (1.3 oz.) of ground SuperFood Mix Chocolate Brownie
- 1 and 1/4 cups Ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 2 Large eggs, beaten, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- 1/6 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons Water
- 1.5 tablespoons Red wine
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 lb. Fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- Lightly grease sides and bottom of a 6-inch springform cake pan with a detachable bottom with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together graham crackers and butter. Transfer the mixture into the cake pan and with hands, press firmly on the bottom of the cake pan.
- In a bowl of stand mixer, put SuperFood mix, ricotta cheese, almond milk, eggs, granulated sugar and all-purpose flour. Mix on medium-high speed until well blended. Put the mixture into the cake pan and bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Turn off the heat and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, make wine caramel strawberry sauce. Cut each strawberry into half or quarter (depends on the size of each strawberry). In a large skillet, put brown sugar and water. Turn on the heat to medium (don’t stir). When small bubbles start to appear, shake the skillet frequently and cook until reduced by about half. Add wine and lemon juice slowly and carefully. Cook shaking the skillet frequently until reduced by about half. Turn off the heat and add strawberries to the skillet. Stir to combine. Put them into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When the cake has done, remove the pan from the oven and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, remove the cake pan and wine caramel strawberry sauce bowl from the refrigerator. Remove the cake from the pan, cut the cake into 4-6 pieces and place on serving plates. Put the wine caramel strawberry sauce over the cake.