The Triple A - Apricots, Avocado, and ApriSweet
3 Years Ago | By Apricot Power
Apricot and Avocado Chocolate BarSome of the winners from our SuperFood Mix contest continue to stay in touch with us. They've not only become loyal customers, but send us recipes from time to time. One of our winners, Hidemi Walsh, finds very inventive ways of incorporating our products into her very creative recipes. She recently send us several recipes. One of them uses our exclusive sugar-free ApriSweet Dark Chocolate. It looks like Hidemi has come up with another winner. If you love dark chocolate, then this one is for you. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- 1 Medium avocado
- 1 Cup old fashioned oats
- 1 Cup ground apricot seeds
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/3 Cup roasted cashews
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1 ApriSweet Dark Chocolate bar
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop cashew nuts coarsely.
- Halve avocado, pit and scoop avocado flesh out and mash in a bowl. Add oats, ground apricot seeds, cashew nuts, honey and salt to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared parchment paper to about 13-inch x 10-inch square. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and mixture is set.
- In the meantime, chop chocolate bar into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl with almond milk. Place the bowl over a saucepan or pot of simmering water. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool.
- When the bar has been baked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes .
- Spread the melted chocolate over the bar. Refrigerate until set (about 1 hour).
- Cut the bar into 8-10 pieces or your desired size.