Veggie-Loaded Chocolate Superfood Chili Recipe
1 Year Ago | By Apricot Power
Chili doesn't have to be loaded with sugar and processed food to be seriously delicious! If you've been looking for a new chili recipe to show off - this chocolate superfood chili recipe is not only yummy but is packed with protein, is lower in sugar and loaded with 30+ superfoods! Serves 6
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or other cooking fat
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 14.5 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup Apricot Power Chocolate Brownie SuperFood Mix (30+ superfoods, 15g Protein per serving)
- In a sauté pan, cook the ground beef or turkey until it is browned and cooked through; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large soup pot heat 2 tsp of olive oil and add in the diced onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are softened and just starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add to the pot the minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, sea salt, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced carrots, diced zucchini, and Chocolate SuperFood Mix. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Crystal Schmidt
"Chocolate and chili are a classic combination- and Chocolate Brownie SuperFood Mix adds just the right amount of cocoa, plus a boost of nutrients to this hearty, veggie-loaded chili. I always add a bit of chocolate to my chili to deepen the flavor, which is why I thought adding the Chocolate Brownie SuperFood Mix would be a great addition- and it was!”