By Apricot Power
New Year’s Evolution
In our December Newsletter, we talked about getting healthy for the New Year by changing your diet and taking supplements. Now we want to talk about something you can do to evolve your body into a whole new you. This isn’t a quick-weight-loss-fad-diet. It is a lifestyle change. If you commit to this change, the results will last a lifetime. Here are some basic things you may have heard before that really make a difference.
- Greatly decrease or totally eliminate red meat from your diet (If you choose to eliminate red meat or meat altogether, there are lots of other great ways to get protein into your system.)
- Eat lots of raw foods such as fruits and vegetables (They provide the body with nutrients and much-needed enzymes)
- Drink at least a gallon of fresh water per day
- Get LOTS of fresh air (increases energy, helps make you calm, and happier.)
- Get LOTS of exercise and rest (3-5 days per week. Talk to your doctor about what type of exercise is best for you.)
Here a few hints to help you on your journey:
- Take pictures of yourself (Front, Side, and Back)
- Set achievable, realistic goals (How soon do you want to lose your weight? How much do you want to lose?)
- Track your progress (It will help keep you focused.)
- Weigh yourself once a week (Remember, muscle weighs more than fat!)
If you’re looking for some healthy food items to supplement your new routine we’ve got them. Our whole food bars are clean, nutritious, and delicious. Our exclusive SuperFood Mix is chock full of protein, fiber, phytonutrients, and lots of other good-for-you stuff. Our new ApriSweet Dark Chocolate is sugar-free, has net zero calories from carbs and fat, and has natural fat blockers. Plus there’s always our dried apricots and BitterSweet packs, which make great healthy snacks. They’re all at special prices this month.
January Is “Hot Tea Month”
Who knows that January is “Hot Tea Month”? We do, and that’s why we want to mention a healthy green tea that we carry called “Ganoderma Green Tea”. This tea combines the health benefits of green tea with Ganoderma (Reishi mushrooms).
Green tea contains catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant. It has also been thought to be effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels and inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots.
Ganoderma is known as the “King of Herbs”. It promotes blood flow and lowers oxygen consumption in the muscle of the heart. It may also be useful in boosting the immune system, helping reduce cholesterol, and more.
Grab a box of our Ganoderma Green Tea or try it along with our other Ganoderma products in our special Ganoderma Sample Pack, which contains 2 samples each of our Ganoderma products including 2 in 1 and 4 in 1 coffee, hot chocolate, and green tea satchels.
National Apricot Day - January 9th
National Apricot Day - January 9th
Did you know that January 9th is “National Apricot Day”? It’s a day for all of us to celebrate the many health benefits of apricots. Here at Apricot Power we, along with many of our customers, celebrate these benefits every day of the year.
- Good source of Vitamin A (Promotes eye health.)
- Enhances heart health (Helps reduce the bad cholesterol and increase the good cholesterol.)
- Good source of natural antioxidants (Helps the body to get rid of toxins and may slow down the aging process.)
- Good for your blood (Contains non-heme iron, which stays in the system longer!)
- Promotes skin health (Contains Vitamins A, C, and phytonutrients that may ensure good skin.)
- Promotes weight loss (Dried apricots are one of the best dried fruits for weight loss. They can still hunger for up to 5 hours!)
- Improves bone health (Calcium in apricots helps form and develop bones and the potassium promotes absorption.)
- Loaded with nutrients (Apricots are rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, Vitamin A, C, and copper, along with 9 antioxidant nutrients and nutrient groups.)
The pits are ground up and used for body scrubs and sand blasting building surfaces. Inside the pit of the apricot is something very special - the seed. And inside the seed are B17, B-15, and enzymes, nutrients your body gets naturally from over 1,200 foods, seeds, nuts, and other food items. We’re going to celebrate “National Apricot Day” with lots of apricot specials. Plus look for some great promotions where we’ll be giving away some free items with special purchases.