Do you like piña coladas? You'll love this Energy Bite Recipe!
2 Years Ago | By Apricot Power
This Pina Colada Energy Bites Recipe features a delicious mix of protein, healthy fat, naturally sweet pineapples, dates and a superfood punch of Coconut Almond SuperFood Mix. Try these bite-sized treats as a refreshing and healthy snacking option - perfect for Summer!
Ingredients for the Pina Colada Energy Bites Recipe
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut + ¼ cup for rolling
- 2 packets (½ cup) Apricot Power Coconut Almond Superfood Mix
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 2 oz dried, unsweetened pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup nonfat or low-fat coconut-flavored Greek yogurt (or vanilla if you can’t find coconut)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rum extract (optional)
- Add macadamia nuts, cashews, half-cup coconut, and Apricot Power Coconut Almond Superfood Mix to a bowl of a food processor, and process until finely chopped and crumbly.
- Add remaining ingredients, and process until a sticky, uniform “dough” forms (may collect into a ball on the side of the food processor bowl).
- Form the dough into uniform, 1-inch balls, and then roll each in remaining coconut (may have to process coconut first to make flakes smaller).
- Place balls in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to set, or store balls in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy!
- Yields approximately 20 bites
“These no-bake energy bites will have you feeling like you’re on tropical vacation! They’re high in fiber, and contain natural fruit sugars that will help you get through a mid-afternoon slump. The added nutritional benefits of the B17-infused Coconut Almond SuperFood Mix add protein and over 30 superfoods.”