Deep Dish Hummingbird Cookie Skillet
3 Years Ago | By Apricot Power
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbs coconut cream
- ¼ cup mashed ripe banana
- 1-1.3 oz packet Coconut Almond SuperFood Mix
- ¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, white, semi-sweet, milk chocolate or combination of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, coconut cream, and banana.
- In a small food processor combine Apricot Power mix, flaked coconut, and chopped dates. Process until mixture is somewhat smooth with no large pieces (Should resemble granola sized crumbs)
- In another bowl combine flour, soda, and salt. Add SuperFood Mix to flour mixture and stir to combine. Gradually add this mixture to the wet mixture and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips of choice.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool for 15 minutes and cut into wedges or desired shapes.
"When my kids were younger they loved it when I made a hummingbird cake. (a banana-pineapple-spice cake). I’d often vary the ingredients based on what I had in my pantry. I wanted to showcase Apricot Power Superfood Mix in a recipe that was easy and that the whole family could enjoy. I decided to use a basic cookie recipe and create a hummingbird cookie, using bananas, dates, and a packet of Coconut Almond Superfood mix. The result was delicious and it helps put a fun and healthy spin on just having cookies for dessert. I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as I enjoyed creating it.”