Crunchy Top Caramel Pound Cake Recipe
1 Year Ago | By Apricot Power
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Apricot Power Caramel SuperFood Mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbs vanilla
- Grease and flour Bundt cake pan. Add 2 tbsp. of the sugar to the pan and hake to coat – this gives the cake a crunchy crust.
- Set out eggs and butter to allow them to come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition.
- Sift the flour then stir the Apricot Power Caramel Superfood mix into the flour. This will help keep the mix evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Add the flour/SuperFood Mix to the creamed mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and place in a cold oven.
- Turn the oven on to 300 and bake for 80-90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from pan
“There is something so decadently satisfying about pound cake. Part of my love for pound cake comes from childhood memories of my mother and grandmother pulling this golden concoction from the oven. Since the crunchy caramel coating was always my favorite part, it was only natural to immediately think of adding Apricot Power’s Caramel Superfood Mix to my own pound cake recipe. The result was an amazing cake that was simple to make, had the added nutrition of the SuperFood Mix, but pleased even the pickiest eaters in my family.”