A Healthy Summertime Icebox Cookie Sandwich Recipe
By Apricot Power
- ¾ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Apricot Power Caramel Superfood Mix (30+ superfoods, 15g Protein)
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 6 tbs Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Coconut whip topping
- 8 oz Greek cream cheese
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- ¼ cup confectionery sugar
- Whisk together coconut flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and coconut together, add coconut sugar and beat until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, beat until well combined.
- Use ice cream scoop to form dough balls, hand roll till smooth and flatten down onto ungreased cookie sheet or silicon mat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until browning on sides. Cool on the cookie sheet for half hour then transfer to refrigerator to cool.
- In a stand-up mixer blend Greek cream cheese, espresso powder, and sugar until well mixed. Fold in the coconut whip topping until well incorporated.
- When cookies are cooled thoroughly place desired amount of filling between cookies. Wrap cookies in plastic wrap and place in freezer.
“When I saw this recipe contest I was reluctant to enter because I have never thought about creating healthy recipes for others to eat. I mean I like to eat healthy and I like healthy recipes, but could I create one that would be easy, quick and taste good? I think I have. This is my take on an ice cream sandwich with a different twist on flavors - Caramel, Coconut, and Espresso. I hope you enjoy it because I did!!”